Friday, August 18, 2017

Five Minute Friday: SPEAK ("Lost and Found")



Today I'm linking up with the Five Minute Friday community, writing for five minutes on a given prompt. The word this week is SPEAK.

I'm seriously fudging the rules this week, though: I'm not writing specifically about SPEAK, and I'm not writing for five minutes either. Instead, I'm singing for four minutes -- which I suppose is a form of speaking, isn't it.

I felt prompted to record this song "Lost and Found" by Robin Mark. (See lyrics below.) I'm dedicating it to a member of our Five Minute Friday community, Andrew -- who is in the late stages of cancer and whose positive attitude, strength, and kindness are an inspiration to all of us -- and to all the rest of us lost-and-founds.







Lost and Found – by Robin Mark

When the rain falls and it some days will
And the pavement under my feet
Sparkles silver and gold In reflected light
That I otherwise wouldn't have seen
And when the storm comes and the strong wind blows
I will bow my head to push through
And every step that I take I will watch and pray
And be sure my foothold is true

Jesus, don't you keep me from that storm
I want to walk that sacred ground
For You are Master of it all
And I am but a lost and found

And in the dry place In the wilderness
When Your words seem so far away
I will think of my life and I will Bless Your name
For Your promises never have failed
And when the night falls at the end of days
I will lift my eyes to the heavens
And we will shine like the stars For eternal days
In Your presence forever and e’er

Jesus, don't you keep me from that storm
I want to walk that sacred ground
For You are Master of it all
And I am but a lost and found

Lost and found, lost and found
I am but a lost and found
Can there be a sweeter sound than singing
With the lost and found

Jesus, don't you keep me from that storm
I want to walk that sacred ground
For You are Master of it all
And I am but a lost and found


14 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Jeannie! I'm glad you "broke the rules!" I've never heard that song before but I really like it and I love the dedication to Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lesley. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this with all of us. I don't know that I've ever heard this song before today. Love! I'm in the 55 spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tara - I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Jeannie! This will bless Andrew so much! I, too, had never heard that song before, but my-oh-my the words surely do resonate with me because of all the storms Jesus has been walking with me through for many years. Thank you for "breaking the rules" to share this with everyone. And by the way, you have a truly lovely voice. Blessings on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Diana. I really appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  4. You had me crying before the first verse concluded. Why do you do that to me, Jeannie?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a good way I hope, Tim. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Jeannie, there are tears in my eyes. No, arn it, I'm crying fully and freely.

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Andrew. I look forward to when all of us lost-and-founds sing together. God bless you 10,000 times over.

      Delete
  6. Way to "break the rules"! What a precious gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. I am such a rebel (NOT!)

      :-)

      Delete
  7. Thanks. Simply thank you for listening to the prompting and moving into obedience! Thank you.💜💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Lisa. Thanks for reading, listening, and commenting.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to hear from readers, and I always reply!