Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday morsel: "My Redeemer lives"


I Know That My Redeemer Lives

"I know that my Redeemer lives":  
What comfort this sweet sentence gives.
He lives, He lives, who once was dead;
He lives, my ever-living Head.

He lives triumphant from the grave;
He lives, eternally to save.
He lives, my mansion to prepare;
He lives to lead me safely there.

He lives and grants me daily breath;
He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives, and while I live, I'll sing;
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.

He lives -- all glory to His Name!
He lives, my Jesus still the same.
And O the sweet joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"

Text: Samuel Medley, 1738-1799.
Music: Lewis D. Edwards, 1858-1921 

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this hymn. "What comfort this sweet sentence gives." It's so true. Blessings on your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betsy -- you, too. I hope you have had a joyful Easter celebration.

      Delete
  2. One of my all-time favorites, Jeannie! Thanks for sharing it today.

    Tim

    P.S. How do you think it would sound on the kazoo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Tim.
      P.S. A joyful noise unto the Lord, I assume. Let's hope He has a sense of humour! :-)

      Delete

Please leave a comment; I love to hear from readers. (And tell me who you are if you're comfortable doing that -- sometimes the comment form defaults to Anonymous.)