Monday, February 03, 2014

Monday morsel: "Nothing" (from Winnie-the-Pooh)




“What I like doing best is Nothing."


"How do you do Nothing," asked Pooh after he had wondered for a long time.


"Well, it's when people call out at you just as you're going off to do it, 'What are you going to do, Christopher Robin?' and you say, 'Oh, Nothing,' and then you go and do it.  It means just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering."


"Oh!" said Pooh.” 


― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes doing nothing is just the thing to do! Lately my two youngest kids have had a stomach virus. We've been cuddling a lot. My four yr. old said, "Mommy, I feel better when you're hugging me." I watched an episode of My Little Pony today with both of them on my lap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good, Adriana. When someone in the family's sick sometimes the whole family needs to slow down. And I am a big fan of doing nothing :-)

      Delete
  2. Doing nothing is my speciality, Jeannie. So glad Pooh and C. Robin are with me on this.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; I love to hear from readers. (And tell me who you are if you're comfortable doing that -- sometimes the comment form defaults to Anonymous.)