- that Jonathan has had a smooth transition back to school. He has the same teacher as he's had the last two years, and the same awesome Educational Assistant and backup EA. This allowed him to pretty much just pick up where he left off in June.
- that Allison's first month back at high school has also been good. She has joined the school writing club; she is meeting with an Autism counsellor once a week and writing self-affirmations on post-it notes to put where she can see them; and she's improving greatly on her clarinet (no honks, and some pretty awesome trills).
- for my new Tuesday morning tradition of meeting a friend to walk and talk for 1.5 hours. We cover a lot of ground, literally and figuratively.
- that I've joined a new study group at church. We meet every second Thursday night for a study on Beth Moore's Jesus: The One and Only. There are 24 women in the group and I don't think I've been in a study or meeting with any of them before, so I'm excited about making some new connections. And the first video was fascinating; it was about the "400-year silence" before the Messiah came. I'm looking forward to the next session.
- for the lovely weather this past week. Warm sunshine beaming through softly-changing coloured leaves is a beautiful combination.
Tuesday, October 01, 2013
Thankful Tuesday: school, walking, studying, weather
I haven't done a "Thankful Tuesday" post in a long time, but after reading Micha Boyett's Mama:Monk blog, I thought I would follow her lead today.