Monday, May 06, 2013

Monday morsel, birthday edition




















Happy birthday to my husband.  Rich, you look as good today as you did 49 years ago.  
God bless you today and always -- with love from me and the kids!

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, 
let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. 
And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,   
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith."
Hebrews 12:1-2
  

Today's Monday morsel consists of the words from Doug and the Slugs' song "Day By Day" -- 
which I think gives a good picture of how Richard lives his life.

Bad news don't ruin my appetite; don't let the papers tell me if it's wrong or right.
I just do what I do and I do it day by day by day by day.
I live life, might take it slow; make mistakes but oh, that's the way it goes.
I just know what I know and I know it day by day by day by day

Day by day I'm feeling stronger
Day by day I'm lasting longer
Day by day you help me make my way.

I speak up when I feel it's right; I jump up when I know that I've got to fight.
Until then, I just take it day by day by day by day


Day by day I'm feeling stronger
Day by day I'm lasting longer
Day by day you help me make my way.

(With you) don't worry about it
Day by day by day by day

Sometimes, late at night, I feel strangely blue,
Sometimes, late at night, I need what I get from you,

Day by day, you show me a better way; day by day, you help me to find a place.
Day by day, you help me make it day by day by day by day by


Day by day I'm feeling stronger
Day by day I'm lasting longer
Day by day you help me make my way.
 




 

4 comments:

  1. That about sums up Richard... wonderful guy, easy - going, pitches in when needed. A one-in-a-million, 'regular guy' type of guy.
    Happy Bday to him from us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah -- you got that right! I'll pass on the greeting.

      Delete

Please leave a comment; I love to hear from readers. (And tell me who you are if you're comfortable doing that -- sometimes the comment form defaults to Anonymous.)