Monday, January 07, 2013

a visit to Narnia with "Classical Quest"

Today I'm very honoured to appear as a guest blogger at Classical Quest, the blog of my new online friend Adriana.  (We "met" at Tim Fall's blog where we both read and comment regularly.)  Adriana has taken my poem "The Choice," which I posted here on my own blog this past Friday, and interspersed it with her own beautiful photographs of a walk through a Narnia-like winter landscape.

Adriana's Classical Quest blog has many fascinating posts on her reading of, and thoughts about, the classics of literature, religion, philosophy, etc., as well as many more great photos.  I hope you'll linger there and check them out.  (Studies show that just reading her blog makes a person 5% smarter; I'm living pruf.)  Now go visit "Classical Quest" here!




4 comments:

  1. I'm on my way over there to read your poem again, Jeannie!

    And thanks for the shout out here ;-)

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thanks for being a generous host and bringing so many people together.

      Delete
    2. Yes, thank you very much, Tim.

      And Jeannie, thank you for the kind words and link to my blog. I certainly don't blog about the classics from the perspective of an academic! My message is that the classics are for everyone. I'm hoping if I keep reading great literature and keep hanging around challenging people like you, Tim, and many others whom I've come to know through blogging, maybe I will eventually start to think some great thoughts of my own. Again, thank you both from the bottom of my heart for being so gracious to me!

      Delete
    3. I totally get that, Adriana! At the end of the month our book club is going to do T.S. Eliot's "The Four Quartets" -- yikes! I expect NOT to understand about 95% of it but I'm still kind of excited about being exposed to it. There's so much great stuff out there, old and new.

      Delete

Please leave a comment; I love to hear from readers. (And tell me who you are if you're comfortable doing that -- sometimes the comment form defaults to Anonymous.)