Tuesday, November 13, 2012
This logo comes from a blog I follow called Mama: Monk written by Micha Boyett: every Tuesday she posts about things she's thankful for.
Today Jonathan had his regular follow-up appointment with Dr. MacDonald, a pediatric neurologist, and we left feeling thankful for a number of things; so I'm sharing them here in the spirit of Micha's theme:
- Jonathan has been seizure-free for more than 3 years.
- As a result, he now has to take only one medication rather than two.
- Dr. MacDonald thinks Jonathan's doing really well.
- She thinks we, as his parents, are saints. That's total lunacy, of course, but hey, sometimes you have to be thankful for someone else's total lunacy. :-)
- The waiting-room time was very short.
- We saw just Dr. M. rather than a resident. I know, it's a teaching facility and the new doctors need training and experience, so we don't begrudge that. But it's just so much quicker when we see Dr. M. only: we don't have to re-explain everything, and we don't have to wait while the resident consults with her before she comes in.
- Jonathan needed blood work done as well. Although this was an extra stop that we hadn't expected, he went cheerfully with us to the blood lab; the wait there was less than a minute; and he made very little complaint when they drew the blood.
So there's a lot to be thankful for today.