Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"I don't want to hear it"

This morning Jonathan got to school and headed straight for the yellow-blue-red, as usual. His classmate Elayna joined him to play and chat.  She is a very nice little thing with fiery red hair -- not from the best background, but a really sweet and considerate girl. She's very protective of Jonathan; she helps him with his backpack (even if he doesn't want her help! :-)

As we waited for the bell, she told me, "Some people make fun of Jonathan or say bad things about him and I just say I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT because Jonathan's my friend and he's really nice to everybody. He's friends with everybody. And these are grade twos and threes! So I just say I don't want to hear it."

Way to go, Elayna.  Thanks for modeling what it means to be a real friend.

1 comment:

  1. Why is it that children have such wisdom and insight that as adults we often dismiss. What little troupers these kids are - both of them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; I love to hear from readers. (And tell me who you are if you're comfortable doing that -- sometimes the comment form defaults to Anonymous.)