Saturday, November 20, 2010

keeping on pace

After twenty days, I have 34,468 words, so I'm currently on pace to reach 50,000 words by Nov. 30. I would really like to finish on the 29th so as to have a "day of grace" but I don't know if that's do-able.

Allison wanted to read what I had done by yesterday so I printed off 44 single-spaced pages. She really liked it; she had a big smile on her face as she read. I asked what she liked best and she said "It's very realistic, and the characters are doing the same things I'd be doing in school." (Even though the book is not based on her or on any kids or teachers she actually knows.)

If that isn't good motivation to keep going, I don't know what is!

2 comments:

  1. Good work, Jeannie! So nice that you have a ready audience to read right in your own home. Here's a carrot to keep you going....how about Franceen and I treat you to lunch when you're all done?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; I love to hear from readers. (And tell me who you are if you're comfortable doing that -- sometimes the comment form defaults to Anonymous.)